Tags Posts tagged with "DDAP Licensing"

DDAP Licensing

The Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs’ (DDAP’s) regulations governing recovery houses, Standards for Drug and Alcohol Recovery House Licensure (28 Pa. Code Chapter 717), took effect on Saturday, December 11. DDAP is now accepting licensing applications for recovery houses.

Drug and alcohol recovery houses must have a license to receive referrals from state agencies or state-funded facilities or to receive federal or state funding to deliver recovery house services. In addition, Act 59 imposes two additional requirements on referrals to recovery houses, including:

  1. Persons whose treatment is funded with state or federal funds shall only to be referred to licensed recovery houses; and
  2. Courts shall give first consideration to licensed recovery houses when residential recommendations are made for individuals under their supervision.

Recovery houses that require a license must obtain licensure within 180 days after the regulations have been published, which will be June 9, 2022.

Recovery house operators with questions about the licensure process may contact the Division of Drug and Alcohol Program Licensure at 717-783-8675.