Monday, April 20, 2020, Disability Rights of Pennsylvania (DRP) started its 45-day public comment period for fiscal year 2021 annual program goals and objectives. DRP invites public feedback on the issues that matter most to individuals with disabilities, along with their families and organizations supporting them. June 4, 2020, will be the final day to offer public comments. DRP is hosting one live webinar (details TBD) to accept public comment. Keep up to date on our page and social media for more information on how to participate.
Specifically, DRP would like to hear your ideas about the impact of COVID-19, any associated advocacy that should be facilitated because of the virus, as well as current, new, and emerging issues since last year’s comment period:
- How we can ensure the protection of civil and human rights
- The training opportunities we should make available for people with disabilities, family members, and for people who provide supports and the general community.
DRP is the federally authorized protection and advocacy system in Pennsylvania to provide legal and advocacy services to persons with disabilities.
DRP staff works diligently statewide to:
- Improve disability service and social systems
- Work to ensure civil rights and to empower the community
- Provide technical and training assistance
We welcome your participation in this process and thank you for your time and input. Let’s continue this advocacy together.
– Thank you, from all of us at Disability Rights Pennsylvania