ODP Announcement 083-18 Housing Transition and Tenancy Sustaining Services

ODP Announcement 083-18 Housing Transition and Tenancy Sustaining Services

The Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) Announcement 083-18 provides detailed instructions and clarification on the use of Housing Transition and Tenancy Sustaining Services available through the Intellectual Disability and/or Autism (ID/A) waivers which include the Consolidated, Person/Family Directed Support, and Community Living waivers.

The Housing Transition and Tenancy Sustaining services were established to assist individuals with tenancy in their own homes, whether rented, leased, or owned. This announcement lists all required Provider Qualifications which include knowledge of, and ability to access, several programs and resources in the community such as the various types of housing vouchers and housing services, fair housing, reasonable accommodations, homeownership programs, Olmstead requirements, Prepared Renters Program (PREP), etc., in addition to general waiver provider requirements.

The announcement also lists several resources and their purposes including; Cents and Sensibility by the Pennsylvania Assistive Technology Foundation, Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Financial Education and Coaching Program by the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA), Local Lead Agency, Local Referral Network, Medical Assistance Transportation Program, Money Smart by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), Nursing Home Transition Tenant-based Rental Assistance, PA Housing Search, PA ABLE Program, Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency, Regional Housing Coordinators, Section 811 Program, and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.

The Housing Transition and Tenancy Sustaining Service includes pre-tenancy and housing sustaining supports to assist individuals in being successful tenants in private homes owned, rented, or leased by the individuals. The concepts and philosophy of person-centered planning should be incorporated throughout the development and implementation of individual housing service plans.

Tenancy support services may not be authorized for individuals who have the following authorized services on their Individual Support Plans (ISP):

  • Residential Habilitation;
  • Life Sharing; or
  • Supported Living services.

Housing Transition services may be authorized when the individual has a plan to move from the home where Residential Habilitation or Life Sharing is provided into a private home that the individual will own, rent, or lease. Financial support that constitutes a room and board expense is excluded from federal financial participation in the ID/A waivers.

Contact Carol Ferenz, RCPA IDD Division Director, with any questions.


Leave a Reply